Welcome to my Blog .....

Hello Friends.

Is a Great Pleasure to have you here in my Blog.

I'm here to share with you all my Experience that I have until today in My Life in this Journey of Faith , and I will place here many messages that I believe will help many friends...

Always will be here a word of Faith to give you strength for you to keep on going.

May the Lord our God Bless You .

22 Apr 2013

Influence

Today you will read about influence and it’s power. We can influence someone or be influence by someone to good or to bad. But before I start, here is what influence real means - Is the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behaviour, opinions, etc. (dictionary.com)

As everything in life we have the good/bad examples, people, choices and sadly, friendship is included. You should choose your friends and people who you are with very carefully. Without you realizing you can be lead into doing things you don’t want and when you realize is too late.

This post is not for you start looking at others differently but to be aware of this influence.

Below is an episode that is written in the Bible of a “supposed friend” leading the other into sin. Jonadab suggests Amnon to rape his half-sister, Tamar.

“After this Absalom the son of David had a lovely sister, whose name was Tamar; and Amnon the son of David loved her. Amnon was so distressed over his sister Tamar that he became sick; for she was a virgin. And it was improper for Amnon to do anything to her. But Amnon had a friend whose name was Jonadab the son of Shimeah, David’s brother. Now Jonadab was a very crafty man.  And he said to him, “Why are you, the king’s son, becoming thinner day after day? Will you not tell me?” Amnon said to him, “I love Tamar, my brother Absalom’s sister.”

So Jonadab said to him, “Lie down on your bed and pretend to be ill. And when your father comes to see you, say to him, ‘Please let my sister Tamar come and give me food, and prepare the food in my sight, that I may see it and eat it from her hand.’” 2 Samuel 13:1,6

If you continue reading in your bible, you will see that the rape happened and of course the consequences after the sin.

Here is only one verse:

Do not be deceived: “Bad company corrupts good habits.” 1 Corinthians 15:33

Like I said before, we have the bad and the good in everything. Below is an example of what a friendship is suppose to be. David and Jonathan, Saul’s son, who, in spite of his father pursuit for David and attempts to kill him. Jonathan stood by his friend side.

“But if it pleases my father to do you evil, then I will report it to you and send you away, that you may go in safety. And the Lord be with you as He has been with my father. And you shall not only show me the kindness of the Lord while I still live, that I may not die; but you shall not cut off your kindness from my house forever, no, not when the Lord has cut off every one of the enemies of David from the face of the earth.” 1 Samuel 20:13,15

Here is another verse which illustrate above:

“A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” Proverbs 18:24

To conclude:

A friend is one whom you can be yourself with and never fear that she will judge you.

A friend is someone that you can confide in with complete trust.

A friend is someone you respect and that respects you, not based upon worthiness but based upon a likeness of mind.

You can have as many friends as you want however choose them wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment